As I’m sure you’ve heard by now, the Big Ten has levied its punishment on Michigan. So far, the punishment is that Jim Harbaugh won’t be able to coach games for the rest of the season. That includes games against Penn State, Maryland, and the Ohio State football team.
Harbaugh will still be able to coach during the week and help the team prepare for games though. Practices are not affected by this punishment. Harbaugh is just not allowed at games. This is for however long Michigan’s season lasts, whether it’s at the end of the Big Ten season or whatever bowl game they go to.
In its letter to Michigan, the Big Ten released some evidence that it cited when handing down this punishment. Some of the items were not revealed until today. Some of the evidence includes the following:
- A large and detailed chart listing the names of individuals assigned to attend past and future games of opponents of Michigan
- The NCAA gave the Big Ten evidence that they could prove that videos taken through in-person scouting could be linked directly back to Connor Stalions.
- The 2023 schedule of Michigan’s scheduled football opponents
- A color-coded chart reflecting past attendance of games and where individuals still needed to attend future games.
- The names of individuals assigned to certain cities and locations.
- Monetary amounts associated with attending certain games.
- The SEC Commissioner also gave the Big Ten information that a staffer purchased a ticket to the SEC Championship Game.
As you can see, the Big Ten had plenty of evidence to hand out the punishments that they did. They also said in the letter to Michigan that further punishments may take place based on future evidence gathered by the NCAA. This saga is far from over.
As far as the Ohio State football program is concerned, they won’t be seeing Harbaugh when these two teams match up. It will be up to Ryan Day to beat Michigan without him. That certainly puts more pressure on Day to win, but Michigan won’t have the luxury of cheating this year.
I’m sure more punishments will be handed down in the future. More evidence is sure to come out.
It’s a bad day for Michigan but a great day for you thanks to Bet365’s GUARANTEED $150 sign-up bonus! Bet $5 or more (with a $10 deposit) on ANY game this weekend and you’ll get $150 in bonus bets win or lose. Harbaugh is in trouble and so are the sportsbooks – sign up for Bet365 now!
21+ and present in OH. Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER