The NFL Draft is finally about to begin. Here are my predictions for Round 1 and you may be surprised where I have two Ohio State football players chosen.
The stage is set on Lower Broadway as the NFL Draft gets underway tonight at 8pm EST in Nashville. Since the end of the college football season, there have been numerous stories, rumors and predictions on where the top prospects will start their NFL careers.
Will Kliff Kingsbury draft Kyler Murray? Are the rumors about the Giants passing up on Dwayne Haskins true? What will happen to Josh Rosen?
Could there be three quarterbacks drafted in the top 10? Tune in tonight to watch dreams become reality for the future of the National Football League.
1. Arizona Cardinals: Kyler Murray – QB Oklahoma: Given Kingsbury’s relationship with the former Heisman Trophy winner, Murray will draw more excitement to the Kingsbury era and he will be a better fit for the Cardinals offensive scheme than Josh Rosen.
2. San Francisco 49ers: Nick Bosa – EDGE Ohio State: Bosa is the most talented and overall best prospect in this year’s draft class. Like his older brother, Joey, Nick will be a force to be reckoned with for years to come for the 49ers.
3. Washington Redskins: – TRADE from NYJ: Dwayne Haskins – QB Ohio State: Dan Synder doesn’t take any chances and leads the charge for the Redskins to trade up to secure their future franchise quarterback.
4. Oakland Raiders: Quinnen Williams – DL Alabama: Jon Gruden and GM Mike Mayock select the best available to add a dominant player to the Raiders’ defensive front.
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Devin White – LB LSU: With the loss of Kwon Alexander and the shift to the 3-4 defense, Devin White’s experience at LSU combined with his speed and coverage ability will fill the big need at linebacker for the Buccaneers.