Ohio State’s bye week went very well, as the Buckeyes are right on the brink of a championship appearance, but still sit on the outside looking in. Oregon losing to Stanford on Thursday night was obviously the highlight of the week for Buckeye fans, with all attention turning to Alabama and Florida State. Alabama struggled with LSU and were tied with LSU midway through the third quarter. Alabama took over control behind RB TJ Yeldon and were able to coast to victory. Florida State destroyed Wake Forest. Baylor impressively won against Oklahoma. Auburn and Missouri also stayed alive with wins.
This is this week’s title picture:
- Alabama (9-0)
- Florida State (9-0)
- Ohio State (9-0)
- Stanford (8-1)
- Baylor (8-0)
- Oregon (8-1)
- Auburn (9-1)
- Missouri (9-1)
As a reminder, you can buy your BCS National Championship tickets from PrimeSport now. So if you think Bama or FSU will falter down the stretch, make the move!
One-loss Oregon slides down the list to #6. Obviously, Oregon will not be a factor in the title picture unless Stanford loses (to reclaim PAC12 title) and others lose (to move back up). Auburn and Missouri stay in the picture because they can each beat Alabama and win the SEC with 1 loss. Baylor and Stanford remain on the heels of #3 Ohio State, with some claiming that both teams could jump the Buckeyes over the next few weeks. Florida State’s QB Jameis Winston was recently linked to sexual assault case but information is quite limited surrounding its impact. Alabama remains in the driver seat at #1.
1) Alabama goes on the road to play a 4-5 Mississippi State. This will likely be a blowout.
2) Florida State hosts Syracuse in what may be their toughest game left on the schedule. It will be interesting to see how Winston responds to last night’s news and whether it will be a distraction for the Seminoles.
3) OSU travels to Illinois. Illinois hasn’t won a Big Ten game since 2011.
4) Stanford travels to USC in which might be the hardest game left on their schedule. USC is 4-1 under interim coach Ed Orgeron.
5) Baylor hosts Texas Tech. Texas Tech was in the top-10 a few weeks ago but now sits at 7-3. I believe they are one of the most overrated teams in the country. Buckeye fans should hope I am wrong.
6) Oregon hosts Utah, the team that knocked off Stanford. Buckeye fans should hope Utah gets blown out big time, making Stanford’s loss to Utah even weaker.
7) Mizzou has the week off.
8) Auburn hosts Georgia in the potential game of the week. This is Auburn’s first ranked opponent since they knocked off Texas A&M at Kyle Field nearly a month ago.
Buckeyes need a blowout and some help, we will see what week 4 brings Buckeye Nation.