The 2-0 Buckeyes head out to the Bay Area in California for their first road test of the 2013 season taking on the 1-1 Golden Bears this week. Here is a recap of the sound bites for this week’s matchup, as well as the recap from the San Diego State game:
- Kenny Guiton was named the team’s offensive player of the game. In relief of Miller, Guiton threw for 152 yards, ran for 83, and scored 3 total touchdowns. He did an excellent job of running the offense and it didn’t miss a beat without its star quarterback
- Michael Bennett and Ryan Shazier were named the co-players of the game on defense. Bennett made a series of plays behind the line of the scrimmage, the most prominent of which was the sack, strip, and fumble recovery of San Diego State’s QB Quinn Kaehler. Shazier picked up five solo tackles in the game.
- Armani Reeves was named the special teams player of the game. Reeves also recorded an interception while playing defense.
- Coach Meyer praised WR Corey “Philly” Brown, who scored 2 TD against the Aztecs. Meyer: ”I’m a big Philly Brown guy right now…he has a future playing after this year.”
- On his radio show today, Urban Meyer said that Braxton Miller is still a game-time decision.
- Meyer is also very high on the defensive line right now: “They play how Mike Vrabel coaches.”
- That defensive line’s depth could be tested once again. On his radio show today, Urban Meyer said that Adolphus Washington remains questionable and may not make the trip. Joey Bosa would get the start in Washington’s place.
- Also on his radio show, Urban Meyer said that Braxton Miller is still a game-time decision.
- On Tuesday, TE Jeff Heuerman told the media about Miller “I know how bad he wants to be out there.” It was reported Miller wanted to come back into the game on Saturday.
- Coach Meyer was also concerned about having time to make substitutions on the defensive side of the ball. As a result, Big Ten officials contacted the Pac-12 this week.
- Ohio State’s DT Michael Bennett responded to a question about faking injuries in order to slow down Cal’s offense: “I’ve never tried to fake an injury. I try to fake not being injured”
A full game preview will be posted tomorrow night here at Scarlet and Game
Topics: Adolphus Washington, Armani Reeves, Braxton Miller, California Bears, California Bears Football, Corey Brown, Kenny Guiton, Mike Bennett, Ohio State Buckeyes, Ohio State Buckeyes Football, Ryan Shazier